I enjoy meeting interesting people who have managed to achieved success in life. 'Success in life' doesn't only have to be in terms of financial success....... Success can be with regards to being able to impact positively on others...............Being able to raise happy, healthy, productive children or................... even being able to correct a wrong within the community they live.
When I meet such people, I always try and learn from them as one must always seek to improve and grow.
As we approach the end of the year, I would like to share with you 5 key things I have learnt from some successful people I have come across. I believe it is a grave sin when one allows someone else make a mistake ....when one could have prevented it. So, I am hoping that someone somewhere will benefit from my rambling thoughts and words.
The title of this series is 'Chasing Success' (because I am yet to meet a human being who doesn't want to be successful in at least one aspect of life). The acronym 'L. L. S. F' stands for 'Lessons Learnt So Far' *cheeky smile*
I intend posting my 5 LLSFs on the following dates: 29th October; 8th November; 18th November; 26th November and 5th December. I hope that's okay...................In the meantime, please look at the statements below and - for each - make a note of which option you agree with the most (a or b):
1. (a) Many of the unhappy things in people's lives are partly due to bad luck
(b) People's misfortunes result from the mistakes they make.
2. (a) Unfortunately, an individual's worth often passes unrecognized no matter how hard he tries.
(b) In the long run, people get the respect they deserve in this world.
3. (a) Without the right breaks, one cannot be an effective leader.
(b) Capable people who fail to became leaders have not taken advantage of their opportunities.
4. (a) Many times exam questions tend to be so unrelated to course work that studying is really useless
(b) In the case of the well prepared student, there is rarely, if ever, such a thing as an unfair test.
5. (a) Sometimes I feel that I don't have enough control over the direction my life is taking.
(b) What happens to me is my own doing.