I have been awarded the THE STYLISH & VERSATILE AWARDS by Ibhade (Housewife Tales) and Atilola
Thanks for this honour. I feel really special - especially as I have only been blogging for two months.
Oh dear, I feel really emotional *sniff sniff*....and I really want to make an Oscar-type acceptance speech........Just Kidding!
1) My faith in God is my strength. However, I believe in simplicity of worship so I hate Bible-bashers (people who constantly go around forcing the word of the Bible on everyone else - and claiming that everything BUT the Bible is evil). Being religous should not be a substitute for common sense.
2) I love Pidgin English! While my job is very academic (Research/ Education) and requires good English (spoken and written); I revert to Pidgin English whenever I talk with old Naija friends. If you see me dey nak pidgin, u go tink say I dey sell akara *smile*
3) I adore fashion - but I don't like spending too much money on it so I am not one to buy gold or expensive lace. So, it helps that I can sew and make costume jewellry!
4) I love learning new things - so I get excited whenever I meet fascinating people. This might explain why I enjoy having conversations with really old people and really young ones - because they say it as it is!
5) I absolutely love, love food and entertaining. That's why I'm in my element when cooking, baking and organising events that involve good food, wine, dancing, friendly people and lots of laughter! Basically, I love a good party!
6) I love daydreaming so I love reading, writing and watching movies. Escapism - and prayer - are my solutions to stress!
7) I am fascinated by Politics - and all the shenanigans that go with it. You can learn a lot about human psychology when you watch people with power (as well as those trying to get power)
I am now expected to give this award to 15 other bloggers....so here goes (in random order):
10) JUST DOYIN
13) MIMI B
Many thanks to you all .....here's what you have to do as an awardee:
1) Thank the blogger that gave you the award.
2) Then list 7 things about yourself.
3) Give out the same awards to 15 other bloggers.
4) Then contact them.
*Phew* This has been fun...I'm now off to contact the awardees.
P.S:.........I beg your forgiveness IF:
I have failed to nominate you OR
I have given you extra work! *smile*