Myne , Ibhade and Yellow Sisi for this lovely award. Much appreciated !
As it has been raining in London for three days - yes, three days........ this has brought some welcome sunshine my way
Well, I am now expected to name 10 blogs that bring sunshine into my life. THIS IS NOT EASY AT ALL, AT ALL !!!!!
I feel like I have been asked to choose my favourite child........How is that possible? *confused look*
*Deep sigh*.......................Anyway, I have decided to break the rules and highlight 30 blogs. This is only fair seeing I was nominated by 3 people *sly smile* So, here are the 30 blogs that I would ask anyone new to blogging to check out .................and why.
(1) IBHADE - She keeps it real. No effizzy, white-washing or sugar coating. If you want a honest potrayal of what the average mother in Nigeria has to face daily, visit her blog. Intelligence with a dose of native common sense. She is a brave woman. Her kids are really lucky to have such a role model
(2) MYNE - A writer who nurtures other writers is a rarity. Her blog is a showcase for unpublished, young Nigerian writers. Makes one realise how much talent Nigeria has.
(3) YELLOW SISI - A gentle Christian who invites you in to share her spiritual journey. Her blog always makes me smile and her messages are always on point.
(4) LINDA IKEJI - Hot gist spot. If you want to get the latest Naija gist....go here. However, before you enter, please have some water close-by because the fiery comments left by some of her readers will leave you gasping for breath. LOL
(5) 9ja FOODIE - If she was a musician, I would be her groupie. No lie. Her passion for food really shines through
(6) GINGER - Always something interesting to read. I am loving her 'This is Oyinboland' series. Her inquisitive mind will take her far.
(7) JOXY - A brave woman who knows how to make lemonade when handed lemons. Read and find out what I mean...............................
(8) NEWLYWED - I must admit that when I first came across this blog I thought it was going to be full of mushy-mushy stuff i.e. 'Day 1 - I love him'...........;'Day 2 - I still love him.........;'Day 3 - He loves me more' etc. LOL However, she has proven to be a brave writer. Her posts on 'Uterine Fibroids' are a must read for black women
(9) GBEMI - It is very rare to meet someone who is not afraid to say 'I am talented and I know it' - while still sharing her vulnerability with us all. Talented and sweet. My only issue with her right now is I need to see more of her designs.....!
(10) ADURA - A restless creative. I always feel like she's got so much bubbling in her head - and if not for societal constraints - she would be one of those hippy creatives writing all day. LOL.
(11) PRISM - I think of her as a creative onion - artist, writer, budding fashion designer ....... So many layers around a really warm heart.
(12) BLESSING - A young woman who is finding her way through life and has allowed us share her journey. Thank you
(13) KITKAT - A young voice with a lot to say. I like her sense of humour. Even though I know she hates the word 'cute'...I think she IS cute.
(14) SIS YEMMIE - Really funny and refreshing. She always makes me laugh
(15) THE CORNER SHOP - This blog features small scale Naija entrepreneurs. Great to see Naija peeps doing 'tings' despite PHCN, no bank loans etc etc
(16) ILOLA - My fiesty Christain who gives as good as she gets.
(17) STING - The name says it all. Not one to back away from a fight. LOL
(18) ANGELS' BEAUTY - Like Blessing, I feel like I am privy to her life journey. Bon voyage
(19) NUTRITIONALERT - A very informative health and nutrition site. It would be interesting to see a 9ja Foodie and Nutritionalert collaboration..........mmmmm *stroking my chin*
(20) PET - Funny and lively...the only human being I know who eats plantain and bread ! LOL
(21) HONEYDAME - Totally free-style and funny - like laughing gas on a rollercoaster. LOL
(22) CHIZZY D - Young Christain adventurer. It'll be interesting to what she discovers
(23) IBILUV - Unashamedly saucy and naughty. I like to call her blog a 'tourist destination'. Sneak there at least once......I promise I wont tell. LOL
(24) DOYIN - Christain messages peppered with humour
(25) NGO - Interesting to see Naija through the eyes of someone who is discovering more about the country.
(26) VICKII - Great baking recipes accompanied by lovely posts.
(27) LUFFA - Thought provoking and insightful. A great read everytime
(28) LASHES - An accountant who is witty and expressive..doesn't come around often. LOL
(29) BOMA - A fashion blog that doesn't bore me
(30) GUYS who provide a refreshing male point of view: GBENGA, TOBI, T-NOTES, STRONG, EMEKA,
Disclaimer: If I have failed to mention yours, please forgive me and direct your anger at whoever is closest to you right now. LOL. Seriously though, I mean no offence